Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Ready. Set. Grow.


Enjoying a donut peach 2012

Welcome!



Hello, My name is Mechell. This is my very first time trying my hand at blogging. I want publicly chronicle my journal from where I am currently to where I'm going.

I know, that's an ambiguously general statement to make.

While my blog will focus on on my weight loss journey and the beginning of my vegan lifestyle, I want it to encompass a more spiritual, holistic approach to my journey towards an improved, balanced well-being.

Last week, November 16, 2012, I started my "Reboot" diet. My reboot diet consists of the following foods:
90% "Green" smoothies (blended leafy greens with various combinations of fruit, e.g. apples, limes, bananas, strawberries)

  • 9%Whole foods, e.g. fresh persimmon, dried mango, steam greens

  • 1% Other foods, e.g. olive oil used sparingly on salad, unsweetened coconut milk, almonds

  • Plenty fresh, filtered water. At least 6-8 glasses daily










See below for my "before" photos. They were taken Day #1. I will update the pics weekly. But, I've lost some weight already. 
Day 1: weight 172.6 November 16, 2012 


Day one, November 16th, I weighed 172.6
Today is day 5 and I weight 169.3

Surprisingly, I've lost the weight easily without working out or starving.  




I consume a smoothie or whole food whenever I am hungry, which is every 2-4 hours while awake.

I make several days worth of smoothies in advance. When I first started making smoothies I used the Magic Bullet blender. The motor wasn't powerful enough for my taste. I later bought a 1000 watt Ninja blender from Target. It was reasonably priced and it I get smoother smoothies.

But...

The Ninja still leaves room for improvement. Although my smoothies are indeed smoother, they are not smooth like the delicious but healthy blended treats I purchase from Mother's Market And Kitchen. 

At Mother's they use the Vitamix blender. I will save a little money and eventually purchase a Vitamix blender. I can't to enjoy flawless, creamy deliciousness at home:)

I often hear the horror stories of people undertaking juicing/smoothies for the first and feeling unpleasant side-effects  sugar and caffeine withdrawal. Some reported side-effects:
  • dizziness
  • headaches
  • irritability
  • fatigue

But, I am fortunate. I don't have those side-effects. Instead, I have a clear, relaxed mind. Unlike most diets, I am not feeling deprived or "foggy-brained". I feel happy and light.

Playing with my Macbook Air photo booth November 16, 2012

I would love to continue with my first blog, but alas, my bed calls for me. It's already past midnight.

Thank you for taking an interest in my journey towards a better body, mind, and soul. 


Night night.

Mechell


No comments:

Post a Comment